Sunday 11 March 2012

Baking...

Mr Dinosaur cake completed and one 4 year old very happy, this one was very challenging and time consuming not sure that me and novelty cakes are one but I will always give it a go.
He has a rich chocolate cake body and tail then I ran out of chocolate cake so legs and head are a madeira cake, covered with chocolate buttercream (that took longer than I thought). Rollout sugarpaste covered his whole body this was tricky with all the nooks and crannies with a bit of persuasion it worked, you have to make any indents,creases and marks then before icing dries. The spikes down his back where made in advance from a flowerpaste (which dries harder than the cake covering ideal for this sort of work). Once all is dry then its the shading and character building (using edible cake powder colours vaste ranges available and a small soft paint brush). Eyes and teeth piped on with royal icing.


Tested a Pretzel recipe out and really liked it so will be selling that at our Friday market I've worked them out to cost 80pence each which I think is fair. I think various toppings will go down well, Sea Salt, Cinnamon Sugar, Parmeson, Poppy Seeds are my choices so far. They are very chewy and delicious.
Pretzel Recipe


It's a good get out in the garden day today so this is just a coffee break, time to go.

Have a Lovely Day
x


No comments:

Post a Comment